Highland Dance Session Guide
I'm so excited to take your Highland Dance Portraits! Your session is going to be fun and together we are going to create some amazing photographs of you!
Before your session there are a few things to think about and a few things you need to bring to your session.
- Come to your session wearing your kilt, and bring your additional costumes. You can also wear your dance shoes, but we will be walking around to various locations so please bring crocs, or some other shoes to slip on over top of them.
- Your hair can be in a traditional dance bun, or in a style of your own preference. Long curls look lovely in aboyne photos. Calgary can be a windy place, so please bring your hair styling accessories and hair spray for fix-ups.
- If you don't normally wear makeup please make sure your face is clean and lightly moisturized. Please also consider wearing some light cover up to hide any blemishes or dark under eye circles. Please do wear lip balm and bring it with you to your session.
- If you normally wear makeup, please come to your session with your makeup applied. Please see my make-up tips page for special requirements. Bring your makeup along for touch-ups, as well as your lip balm. Professional makeup application is also available. Please contact me for details.
- Since your session is outdoors we will be walking around in fields with various grasses and flowers, so if you have any allergies, please take your allergy medication before your session. Sometimes I will bring fresh flowers, and/or bring snacks to sessions, so please let me know if there are any other allergies I need to be aware of.
- Bring any personal props you would like to include in your portrait, such as swords, medals or trophies.
- Bring a water bottle and a small snack. Sessions can take up to two hours so a small snack is good to have on hand.
- I will have mosquito spray with me, but if you prefer a certain brand please bring it with you.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with me before your session!